We hope you are in continued good health! For those of you on Medicare, and those of you getting into Medicare, I would like to bring your attention to a few key points:
1) Have you taken your Annual Physical, your annual Wellness Check-up, or a House Call from a doctor or registered nurse? These visits offer great opportunities to ask questions!
2) Has your primary care doctor reviewed all of your prescriptions? Do your medications work well for you? Do you know if there are alternatives that might have a lower cost? Do your prescription research every year.
3) Are you taking advantage of the additional benefits of your plan? Many plans offer vision, dental, foot care, hearing, and some have a fitness program with club locations in your neighborhood, and specially designed classes.
4) There will be an Annual Notice of Change booklet coming out in September. Please take the time to read it and understand the changes in your plan between 2016 and 2017. If you wish to learn about other plans in your area, just give us a call. The Annual Enrollment Period starts on October 15, and goes through December 7.
5) If you, a spouse or a friend is new to Medicare, by either turning 65, retiring, or leaving a group plan, we can advise you on the steps to take in applying for your Medicare card, and the plan options that are available.
Raskob Kambourian Financial Advisors is an independent, fee-only comprehensive financial advisory firm registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission. We offer expertise, competitive pricing, and personalized financial services to meet your “Life Planning” needs.