Maintaining and securing your identity from potential thieves is becoming increasingly more important. That extends to paperwork you may have around the house or stored in your garage or office. Here are 9 things that you don’t need to keep and should shred.
- Tax returns older than 4 years
- Bank statements older than 4 years
- Investment monthly statements that don’t have stock sales (save year end statements)
- Credit Card offers – right away
- Convenience checks from credit card companies – right away
- Old photo identification cards
- Pay stubs
- Cancelled checks yearly (after 4 years – if using them for your tax return)
- Old credit cards – right away
Raskob Kambourian Financial Advisors is an independent, fee-only comprehensive financial advisory firm registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission. We offer expertise, competitive pricing, and personalized financial services to meet your “Life Planning” needs.